With more than 25 miles of pristine white sand beaches and situated on the Gulf of Mexico, Panama City Beach is a top tier beach destination on the coast of Florida’s panhandle. Not only will visitors experience “The World’s Most Beautiful Beaches” according to locals, but they’ll find two protected nature preserves nearby, a 20-acre water park, great shopping and dining, and several other family-friendly attractions. Here is a list of the top things to do in Panama City Beach:
- Spend a day at the beach – You’re vacationing at the beach for a reason and that’s to enjoy some much needed rest and relaxation on white sandy beaches, soak up the sun, and splash in the salt water. The coast line of Panama City Beach is some of the best in the country and a day or two spent at the beach is a no-brainer on your trip.
- Slide and ride at the Shipwreck Island Waterpark – After opening in 1983, Shipwreck Island has been entertaining families for more than 30 years on Panama City Beach. This tropical theme waterpark is filled with exhilarating water slides, a lazy river, activity pools, wave pools, and much more. The park also has food and beverage options so you can have a full and fun day without needing to leave for lunch.
- Ignite the imagination at WonderWorks – Marketed as an amusement park for the mind, WonderWorks is a quirky, themed entertainment center perfect for a day of family fun. The attraction combines education and entertainment with more than 100 hands on exhibits that challenge the mind and spark the imagination. Visitors can take part in activities like laser tag, an indoor ropes challenge, and tons of interactive and educational displays.
- Rent a pontoon for a day – The Lagoon Pontoon company offers pontoon rentals, fishing boat rentals, jet ski rentals, snorkeling equipment rentals, and also offers boat dolphin tours and jet ski tours. Your group could have a self-guided tour for a day on a pontoon boat or even opt to rent one of the double decker pontoons equipped with two water slides. Renting a boat for the day will also allow you to make the trip to Shell Island, which is a must-see Panama City Beach island great for exploring. Shell Island is an approximately 7-mile long undeveloped barrier island running east to west between the Gulf of Mexico and the St. Andrew Bay.
- Be amazed at Ripley’s Believe It or Not! – With several museums around the country, Ripley’s is a destination focused on rarities, oddities, and other unbelievable facts and exhibits. The Odditorium allows visitors to explore the bizarre and mysterious, while the museum also hosts a 7D moving interactive theater, a mirror maze, and a challenging laser race. There will absolutely be something for the entire family at this Panama City Beach attraction.
- Enjoy an evening of entertainment at Rock’It Lanes – This Panama City Beach mainstay is much more than just a bowling alley. Rock’It Lanes’ 50,000 square foot facility not only features 24 bowling lanes, but also has a roller skating rink, a state-of-the-art mega arcade, and two sports bars with affordable food and beverage options.
- Get in 18 holes and conquer a maze at Coconut Creek Family Fun Park – What beach vacation is actually complete without a round of mini golf? The Coconut Creek Family Fun Park has you covered with the absolute best miniature golf course in the area. They offer two mini-golf courses with challenging putting greens that intertwine through the spacious property. They also have a challenging, but fun human labyrinth about the size of a football field.
- Shop, dine, and be entertained at Pier Park – Pier Park is Panama City Beach’s premier shopping and entertainment destination. This outdoor complex boasts 124 stores, ranging from clothing for the whole family to home goods, shoes and jewelry. Pier Park also offers many excellent dining options. You’ll find a variety of entertainment venues from the Grand IMAX movie theater, to laser tag and live music, Pier Park is your destination for fun, food, and fantastic shopping all located just a block from the beach.